
I have been thinking alot about my grama and wanted to share with you the
things I love about her.
First and for most she is the best! She had my mom, that puts me here.
I have learned many things from her.
I enjoy Photography (now my side profession) she gave me my first camera,
she let us look through her numerous photo albums(geneology) and took pictures
of every thing, scenery, us, and what ever else we visited.
She taught me how to cook -
her philosophy - everything is better with walnuts in it
(that part I don't like because I am allergic)
Seriously we had walnut in jello, green bean casserole and
I think the one time she made me
(I sat at the table for 3 hours looking at the little rubbery tire looking things)
stewed prunes they had walnuts in them too, yummy!!! Not for me.
We use to make candies, cookies and she let me help make dinner etc,
She also taught me how to laugh,
she pulled the best April Fools joke ever!
We still talk about it.
She also helped me learn crocheting and I have made many slippers from a pattern she taught me. She made me a beautiful bed spread cover too.
She also loves music, we use to listen to her play the piano or organ regularly.
I have a severe dislike to Peter and the Wolf tho'
she use to play that and it scared me every time.
She and Grampa would take us to bowl when ever we visited - and man could she bowl.
We use to go on walks/hikes in the hills in California.
She also taught us how to sculpt and make things with clay,
later she bought her own kiln and did her own firing.
She has taught me many times how to play card games,
she was always willing or at least I felt like she was willing.
My favorite was visiting her down at their beach house in Oxnard area (very sad that's gone)
we would walk on the pier and see what the catch of the day was,
play in the sand and have a picnic lunch, then back at the apartment we would swim.
She is still very active and still drives to get groceries ,
the doctor just told her that she could for another 15 years, this woman is 94,
needless to say she wasn't real pleased about that.
Again I was thinking about her and wanted to share how much I have learned and
how much I love her.
I just wanted to share my grama with you.
Hope you have been blessed with a grama as great as she is.
things I love about her.
First and for most she is the best! She had my mom, that puts me here.
I have learned many things from her.
I enjoy Photography (now my side profession) she gave me my first camera,
she let us look through her numerous photo albums(geneology) and took pictures
of every thing, scenery, us, and what ever else we visited.
She taught me how to cook -
her philosophy - everything is better with walnuts in it
(that part I don't like because I am allergic)
Seriously we had walnut in jello, green bean casserole and
I think the one time she made me
(I sat at the table for 3 hours looking at the little rubbery tire looking things)
stewed prunes they had walnuts in them too, yummy!!! Not for me.
We use to make candies, cookies and she let me help make dinner etc,
She also taught me how to laugh,
she pulled the best April Fools joke ever!
We still talk about it.
She also helped me learn crocheting and I have made many slippers from a pattern she taught me. She made me a beautiful bed spread cover too.
She also loves music, we use to listen to her play the piano or organ regularly.
I have a severe dislike to Peter and the Wolf tho'
she use to play that and it scared me every time.
She and Grampa would take us to bowl when ever we visited - and man could she bowl.
We use to go on walks/hikes in the hills in California.
She also taught us how to sculpt and make things with clay,
later she bought her own kiln and did her own firing.
She has taught me many times how to play card games,
she was always willing or at least I felt like she was willing.
My favorite was visiting her down at their beach house in Oxnard area (very sad that's gone)
we would walk on the pier and see what the catch of the day was,
play in the sand and have a picnic lunch, then back at the apartment we would swim.
She is still very active and still drives to get groceries ,
the doctor just told her that she could for another 15 years, this woman is 94,
needless to say she wasn't real pleased about that.
Again I was thinking about her and wanted to share how much I have learned and
how much I love her.
I just wanted to share my grama with you.
Hope you have been blessed with a grama as great as she is.

12 comments:
That's so cool Heather. I am so happy she is healthy and well. My grandmother is young (had my dad when she was just a girl) and whenever I am with her, I feel like a little girl because she is still so strong and awesome. She is Iranian and the food she cooks is so good, I drool the whole way driving up to her house. love m
What an awesome tribute to your Grandma. She sounds like a wonderful lady.
Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful woman. Obviously she has left you quite a legacy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and signing up for the give away! ;o)
What a nice tribute! I love your picture of the week--amazing!
My grandma is gone now, but she also taught me a card game or two. I am sure she taught me Solitaire so I would have something to do while I was at her house (pre-TV babysitting).
What a wonderful Grandma you have and what a nice thought to do a tribute to her.
I found your blog through Tami's. So cool to see you and your family. Lots of love.
What a wonderful tribute. My grandma Clark played an important part in my life...because of nanny I knew Jesus loved me and that I would never be alone.
What a beautiful post!
This is so nice! Can tell she was a wonder lady!
Yay for Grandma and SkipBO and "Dagnabit" and "Play, fiddle." hee hee!
I LOVED reading this tribute to Grandma. Isn't she amazing?! You forgot to mention something else she gave you....gave all of us girls...her "Fiestyness". (is that even a word? In our family it is!)
YOUR FAMILY HAVE MANY HAPPY MEMORIES of a great lady! Sorry to hear of her passing, but what joy she must be experiencing to be reunited with other loved ones on the other side. She has been a wonderful daughter, wife, mom, and grandma...and great example to all.
I love that you wrote this about grama. I miss her so much. Love you and can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment